is an Open Access, international, peer-reviewed, biomedical journal published by the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research
strives to understand normal body functioning and disease pathogenesis at the molecular level, which may allow researchers and physician-scientists to use that knowledge in the design of specific molecular tools for disease diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, and prevention. Manuscripts submitted to the journal should maintain this focus and describe the implications for human disease, at a level approachable by the broad readership of Molecular Medicine
. The 2015 Journal Citation Report® (JCR), showing impact factors calculated from citations of articles published in 2013 and 2014, lists Molecular Medicine
with an impact factor of 3.530. JCR category rankings are as follows: Medicine, Research & Experimental 32/124, Cell Biology 83/187, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology 97/289. Molecular Medicine
publishes work in the format of original research articles, review articles, editorials, commentaries, and letters to the editor covering emerging concepts in the interdisciplinary field of molecular medicine.
- Places high priority on rapid publication. All content is published free online without embargo;
- Conducts rapid peer review. Average time to first decision is approximately four weeks;
- Automatically submits your work to PubMed Central according to the NIH Public Access Policy;
- Is an Open Access journal - Free full-text access dating back to the inaugural issue in November 1994;
- Offers a pre-submission enquiry service. Check to see if your manuscript topic is suitable for Molecular Medicine prior to formal submission;
- Presents a free podcast. The Mollie Medcast is available for free on our website and in the iTunes Music Store (type “Mollie Medcast” in the search bar). Download summaries of papers and listen to them wherever your smartphone or MP3 player take you!